Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Life Takes Visa


I read this article in the Los Angeles Times about how The Game of Life would now use a credit card instead of cash. I know we need to teach our children about credit cards, but I'm not sure this is the way to do it. Plus, VISA will be displayed prominently all over the game. I didn't get my first credit card offer until I was 21 years old, and now there are college students who have huge amounts of credit card debt. So when they're done with college, they not only have student loans to pay off, they still have to pay off that midnight pizza order they charged because they didn't have cash. With this game, the credit card companies can start on the ten-year-olds. What are some of your thoughts...is this a good or bad thing?

The article is here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/education/la-fi-perfin1apr01,1,5684556.column?coll=la-news-learning

No comments: