Thursday, May 3, 2007

My $2.65 Meal

This is just a post explaining my $2.65 meal yesterday. I didn't really want to eat out, but we wanted to go to one of those super warehouse stores to get some cheap crafty supplies, and as we don't have a card for one, my friend at work volunteered to take me on our lunch break. This friend eats out every day and can't understand why I don't always want to go out to lunch with her (it's not her because we sit next to each other and talk all day long and wouldn't have it any other way). So when I mentioned the warehouse, she said "Sure! We can eat lunch there, too!" Now, since she was doing me a favor, I figured I'd better eat out with her. Wow - what a bargain! I got a gigantic slice of combo pizza (sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, onion, green pepper and black olive) for $1.99 and a refillable glass of Diet Coke for 55 cents! Not terribly healthy, but cheap. My friend got a large hot dog and a drink for $1.50, but if you wanted to eat healthy, you could get a chicken Caesar salad for $3.69. Plus you don't need the warehouse card to get the food.
I told Basil I'd have to take him there sometime, because 1) it's somewhere new and 2) Basil is always up for cheap food.

No comments: