Saturday, February 17, 2007

Debt Celebrities: "Debt Made Me Famous, But Paying It Off Made Me Beautiful."


Hearty congratulations go out to our pals Blogging Away Debt and NCN, among others, who were featured in the illustrious New York Times! Debt blogging has arrived. It's here to stay.

Check out the article here.

I just hope I don't see Tricia from Blogging Away Debt in a photo arm in arm with Brittney Spears, or in big sunglasses getting into a Land Rover with Paris Hilton. We all lose when debt blogging goes from underground to the new chic. Or do we all win? What in God's name am I prattling on about? All I'm saying is that when Nicole Richie goes into debt just to be a debt blogger, I'm getting out of the game.

Here's how I look at it. Debt bloggers are like the Justice League of America. We all have different "powers," ways of documenting our struggle, financial situations, etc. But we're all in it for the same reason, "fighting injustice," or, getting our spandexed asses out of large financial holes. It's inspiring fighting alongside these illustrious heroes of personal finance.

I don't want to be Aquaman, though. Sigh. I'm Aquaman, aren't I?

Damn it.

1 comment:

Julie @ Creating This Life said...

Basil and Bianca...your blog rocks! I love it! I plan to blog about you two on my blog soon. Glad I discovered you!