Sunday, March 4, 2007

Good News and Bad News


It's been a roller coaster this past week. The rent went up and I did a quick check on how our finances went for February, and even though all the receipts aren't in yet and it looks like we're in the red for the month. More about that when I get the final figures. The good news is that I finally got my tax refund info from my accountant and I'm getting a total of $3563 back from federal and state. This large refund is partly due to an education credit because of having a son in college and partly because I hadn't claimed him when I started this job because he was living in another state. I think I'll add him to my W-4 so I get the money now rather than letting the government hold it interest-free for the whole year. I won't have the gigantic refund next year, but hopefully I'll pay off the car and add some to my savings in the meantime.

No comments: