Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Oh, but they love us to be afraid


I'll be dealing with the concept of fear and how it relates to finances quite a bit, as this is something I've struggled with. When I think of my debt, I tend to think of it as this mountain of granite I'm struggling to keep aloft. If I make one wrong move, I feel like it's going to come smashing down on top of me. It's this fear that I'm going to try and deal with this year in Bizarro World, because it is this fear that has most negatively affected my life. It's crippling once you let it in. But in Bizarro World, fear has no home.

"I have no room for fear in my life. Fear is paralyzing. It's one thing to be scared, but once you allow fear into your life, it is debilitating. I don't make any claims to not being scared. It's important and it's healthy. I've been scared enough that I'm comfortable with it. When you experience fear, the next thing out of people's mouths is 'I can't.' We are in control of our minds. As much as our minds try to control us, it is important not to let your mind run too far." - Kit DesLauriers, the first person to ski from the summits of the hgihest peaks on the seven continents. She made history on Oct. 18, 2006, a little over a month before her 37th birthday

No comments: