Sunday, June 3, 2007

We're Out of Control!

Whew! Made it through the weekend, though the damage was pretty severe. We ate out Thursday (Mexican - $32), Friday (Chinese - $45), Saturday (Burgers - $22) and Sunday (Breakfast - $27). That's $126! Basil sometimes complains that I spend too much on groceries when I go over $400 a month, but I get a lot more than four meals out of it. Now we have a moratorium on eating out until his parents get here June 14 (except that it's Number Two Son's birthday this next week, so we may have to go out once, though I'll see if I can cook him a special dinner instead). And every time it seemed like we had a good excuse. Thursday night we were trying to make the free movie and thought we'd have to eat while we waited in line, though when we arrived, there was no line, so we just ate at the restaurant. Friday night we were celebrating (always with eating out) Number One Son's last night with all four of us before he went to visit his father for the summer. Saturday we went to pick up Number Two Son after he took his SATs, and he didn't get done until 1 p.m., so we ran out to (where else?) In-n-Out. Then Basil volunteered to go with me to take Number One Son to the airport at 5 a.m. and he wanted to go out to breakfast since we never do that (and we're trying to be bizarro). We're out of control! I need to think up a suitable punishment for us if we even attempt to cross the threshold of a restaurant (or drive-thru). I wonder if I could get some electrodes so we'd be shocked if we entered any eating establishment. Hmmmm.....maybe I'm onto something....

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I also love to eat out! I used to do it everyday...but now I'm trying to reign it in. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who struggles with the convienence of eating out.